Re: Frame Rate With Xinteranimate

Ross McLaren wrote:
> We are attempting to use XInteranimate to generate simple animations for
> use in the testing of a video tracker.  We need a constant, but not
> necessarily fast, frame rate.  At present XInteranimate shows a frame
> rate that varies with time and the slider control is unpredictable to
> say the least, dropping from hundreds of frames/second to around 16 with
> one click of the slider- we really need around 25.  Any ideas/tips would
> be much appreciated.

Ross,

You could try my frame tools, available at

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley/frame.html

For example,

PRO TEST_FRAMES
fset, frames=10
for i=1,10 do begin
  xyouts, 0.0, 0.0, strcompress(i), charsize=10.0, /normal
  af
endfor
lf, del=1.0/25.0
END

As long as you are logged in at the console of the machine running IDL,
it should run fast enough. Let me know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Liam.

---
Liam E. Gumley
Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley