[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: plot irregularly gridded map data
- Subject: Re: plot irregularly gridded map data
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 19:23:43 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <37A8A8B1.7D2DA94B@jhuapl.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:15983
Tom Spisz SRM (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> I have an irregularly gridded latitude/longitude data set. Although the
> data is in a polar (radius, azimuth) format like a radar swath, I have
> the exact lat/lon position for each point. I cannot plot the data using
> map_image because that requires a regular grid. I used map_patch
> successfully on small portions of the data. Unfortunately, any attempts
> to plot larger portions of the data using map_patch result in the error:
> % TRIANGULATE: Points are co-linear, no solution.
> % Error occurred at: MAP_PATCH 181
> Does anyone know:
> a) how to plot this type of "radar swath" data onto a map?
> b) how to sort the data in a way to work around the problem of
> "co-linear" points?
I've always recommended Liam Gumley's ImageMap program
for this kind of mapping. I don't think it gets much
better than that. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155