Keeping text Readable in Object Graphics

Greetings,
  Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting text to remain
readable when rotated in object graphics, and still have hidden surface
removal remain active?
  If I use the OnGlass keyword, the text stays properly oriented, but the
text also stays visible even when it should be hidden behind something.  I
have tried using the same technique that you use to rotate displays with the
Trackball object, on the text object, and I get skewed, and reversed and
other unfavorable results.

Help, Please,
 David Borland
 Electrical Geodesics Inc.