Re: Common trouble

"Kristian Kjær" wrote:

> Kristian Kjaer (kristian.kjaer@risoe.dk) writes:
> > Q1: How do you delete a common block (other than by exiting IDL)?
>
> David Fanning wrote:
> < You can't. Once declared, it's there forever.

Ive been severely embarassed by common blocks from terminated programs
interfering with current programs.  Ive grumbled to RSI about this in
the past.  Fortunately help is at hand; RSI advise that idl5.3 has a
commandline command to reset everything without exiting idl.

> And the same goes for 'globals' defined by DEFSYSV, I think?
> - Kristian

I dont know about this one.

Regards,
Michael Asten