[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
high priority interupt event
- Subject: high priority interupt event
- From: "Richard Tyc" <richt(at)sbrc.umanitoba.ca>
- Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:19:44 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Manitoba
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17044
Is there any way to send a high priority event, say from an button widget,
and have it interrupt time consuming processes like draws ?
Our IDL application controls some servo motors via socket coomunication.
When the app is "executing" a process, the procedure goes into a loop and I
do check for other events at the beginning of this loop :
ev = WIDGET_EVENT(sState.wEStop, /NOWAIT)
and then check a common block variable to see if the estop button was
But, later in the loop, a sState.oWindow->Draw,sState.oView is issued
which can take minutes. Can I somehow break this call if the estop button
was pressed ??
Something like raising a signal and catching it in a handler ?
Thanks in advance