IMDISP: A smart image display program

IMDISP is a new IDL program which does everything possible (well,
everything I know) to make it easy to display images in IDL. Features
include:

Indexed Color and True Color images are handled automatically,
8-bit and 24-bit graphics devices are handled automatically,
Decomposed color settings are handled automatically,
WIN, MAC, X, PS, and PRINTER graphics devices are supported,
The image is automatically sized to fit the display (can be disabled),
The image is automatically byte-scaled (can be disabled),
The !P.MULTI system variable is honored for multiple images,
Image position can be specified with a POSITION keyword,
The image aspect ratio can be modified with an ASPECT keyword,
Resized images can be resampled (default) or interpolated,
BOTTOM and NCOLORS keywords allow color table splitting.

You can find source code, examples, and screenshots at
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley/imdisp.html

Please let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, or
heaven help me, bug reports.

Cheers,
Liam.
--
Liam E. Gumley
Space Science and Engineering Center, UW-Madison