[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Real Number on PVWAVE
- Subject: Re: Real Number on PVWAVE
- From: Tim Cross <timc(at)boulder.vni.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:49:00 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Visual Numerics, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <MPG.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <MPG.email@example.com> <811dqn$2lv$1@SonOfMaze.dpo.uab.edu> <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org> <813tvj$6t0$1@SonOfMaze.dpo.uab.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17407
R. Kyle Justice wrote:
> I have only used PV-Wave (for about 6 years now). Most
> of the posts to this newsgroup are fairly IDL specific so
> I feel a special need to "defend" PV-Wave when the need
> arises ;-P I fear that our numbers are dwindling!
In fact, our numbers are growing, and at a pretty rapid clip.
However, most of the PV-WAVE user discussion takes place on the
VNI Mailing List Forum, to which you can subscribe by sending
a message to email@example.com containing the the
following in the body of the message:
subscribe pv-wave firstname.lastname@example.org
> From what I can tell, the DC_ functions are one of the few
> features in PV-Wave that is "superior" to IDL.
IMHO there are a lot of good reasons to use PV-WAVE. This
is not the place to trot out a list.
> As far as documentation goes, I like PV-Wave's fairly well.
> The only problem is it takes forever to get a new set of hardcopy
> docs whenver a new version comes out. I *despise* online
Well, we could hold back the new product releases until
the documents are printed, but that would just annoy the
people who don't mind online documentation :-).
Prod Dev Mgr, Visual Numerics Inc.
Tim Cross email@example.com 303-245-5393
Visual Numerics, Inc.
5775 Flatiron Parkway, Suite 220
Boulder CO 80301 USA
My opinions etc.