Re: X window display sizes

your name wrote:

> There was an earlier question about finding the size of the display
> screen. I am familiar with David's answer:-
>
>         DEVICE, GET_SCREEN_SIZE = My_screen_size
>
> However, I am running under OpenVMS, CDE, Motif with X-windows. In my
> application, I create displays on a number of display devices using the
> DISPLAY_NAME keyword to WIDGET_BASE.
>
> Does anyone know how I can find the size of these (remote) displays?
> Some of these displays are PCs with an X-window emulator, so the
> resolution may be changed by the users without the knowledge of the
> system.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
>         Ian
>
> email: Ian.Dean@GECM.COM

You can use the get_screen_size funtion as Dave mentions in a parallel
thread (but check if your version has the same bug I found, posted to
that
thread).

Alternatavely, I have a DLM which makes direct Xlib calls to the X
server
to determine lots of information on the display, screen and available
visuals. It's rather a heavy-weight approach if all you require is the
screen
dimensions but I could make it available if you like. It does require
a C compiler and an X development environment (basically the X header
files).

--
Nigel Wade