[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: Fitting Circles
- From: F.N.Hatfield(at)Leeds.ac.uk
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 14:15:43 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Deja.com - Before you buy.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17561
I am trying to fit a circle to a set of points (x,y), and from this
determine the centre point (x0,y0) and radius r0. It is also very
important that I obtain the standard deviations or errors in the x0,y0
So far, I have looked at the idl routine, curvefit.pro.
This is a useful program but doesn't seem to allow you to pass 2
independent variables x and y.
I was wondering if someone has written something similar in idl,
or could suggest a way to solve this problem.
University of Leeds, UK.
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.