Fitting Circles

Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to fit a circle to a set of points (x,y), and from this
determine the centre point (x0,y0) and radius r0. It is also very
important that I obtain the standard deviations or errors in the x0,y0
and r0.

So far, I have looked at the idl routine, curvefit.pro.
This is a useful program but doesn't seem to allow you to pass 2
independent variables x and y.
I was wondering if someone has written something similar in idl,
or could suggest a way to solve this problem.

Cheers

Fraser Hatfield

University of Leeds, UK.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/