Re: Fitting Circles

How about doing a transformation and solving a simpler problem:

What you want to fit is r0 = [(x-x0)^2+(y-y0)^2]^(0.5)
So minimize:
		r0 - [(x-x0)^2+(y-y0)^2]^(0.5)

for all pairs of (x,y).  This can be done using your favorite fitting
routine (I like Craig markwardt's MPFIT... routines,
http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/idl.html)

Good luck