[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Troubleshooting - Error Messages.
- Subject: Re: Troubleshooting - Error Messages.
- From: Vince Hradil <hradilv(at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:13:55 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Abbott Labs Pharmaceutical Products Division
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17566
I think that's a good assessment of what programmers do. That's why we
get paid the big bucks ;^}
One (simple) thing that may help is to make sure to indent correctly.
This helps keep track of FOR's without ENDFOR's, etc. I use xemacs in
that automagically highlights and indents for me.
Vicky A wrote:
> snip.. snip...
> Is that what it boils down to, IDL tells you Where the error is, and
> you work out What the error is, by recognition or something?