[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Reading whole directories
- Subject: Re: Reading whole directories
- From: thompson(at)orpheus.nascom.nasa.gov (William Thompson)
- Date: 13 Dec 1999 18:31:59 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center -- Greenbelt, Maryland USA
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3854C71E.9A5CA179@fz-juelich.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17714
"R.Bauer" <R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de> writes:
>"S.N. Heukels" wrote:
>> I have created a WIDGET that runs fine with 1 file.
>> I've now been looking into the possibility of having the user select a
>> directory and process every file in that directory.
>> Is there a way to gain a string or array containing every file in the
>> directory a user selects >> ??
>> Greets Sean Heukels
>> Invivonmr institute
>> Utrecht University, The Netherlands
>look at findfile()
I seem to recall that FINDFILE() has some problems with directories containing
large numbers of files. Stein Vidar Haugan wrote a routine called FIND_FILE()
that gets around this limitation. It can be found at