[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Another IDL twist
- Subject: Re: Another IDL twist
- From: Struan Gray <struan.gray(at)sljus.lu.se>
- Date: 18 Dec 1999 12:59:15 GMT
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: This line intentionally left bland
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:17789
> Does anyone know the rhyme or reason for the
> calling methods for the built-in IDL READ_*
> procedures? Sometimes it is:
> image = READ_ASCII(file_name)
> but other times it is:
> READ_GIF, file_name, image
> What's going on?
> Do I just have to look it up everytime?
One option is to upgrade to 5.3. I've only played with the new
query_image, read_image and write_image routines (and the dialog_xxx
versions) but it looks like they'll do a lot of the hard work for you.