[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: You can access Main Level Variables!!!
- Subject: Re: You can access Main Level Variables!!!
- From: gross(at)chuma.cas.usf.edu
- Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 00:09:10 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of South Florida
- References: <3886210F.7B98EE79@fsl.orst.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18115
I think you can....
try using "EXPR=", as in..
note that what happens is that whatever you have after expr= gets
dumped to the command line as if you were typing it...I typically use
this method to create a series of arrays such as im1,im2,im3...,etc.
On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:39:43 -0800, Michael Lefsky
>So it turns out you can access main level variables- try this
>create this function:
>VAR STRING = 'hello'
>So one could do what I want- create a new "foolproof" save command. Now
>if we just had a way of executing statements as if they were type at the
>Michael Lefsky, PhD
>U.S. Forest Service
>Forest Sciences Laboratory