[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: IDL FFT vs C benchmark?
- To: Myron.Brown(at)jhuapl.edu
- Subject: Re: IDL FFT vs C benchmark?
- From: "Liam E. Gumley" <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 10:07:20 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Wisconsin, Madison
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18262
Myron Brown wrote:
> Hi. Has anybody done any benchmarking of IDL's
> FFT routines? They seem pretty fast, actually. I'm
> wondering how they compare to efficient C code.
> Perhaps someone has looked at fftpack or other
> efficient implementations of the FFT in C and compared
You might need to run the benchmarks on your platform. As I recall, IDL
performed comparably to the FORTRAN version from Numerical Recipes.
If you have the energy, I'd be interested to see a comparison of IDL and