[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: READING MPEG FILES
- Subject: Re: READING MPEG FILES
- From: "Liam Gumley" <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 10:51:55 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Wisconsin, Madison
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18275
Bruce Barrow <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote in message
> I've found the various routines for animating an array of images and
> them into an MPEG file. How do I read an MPEG file into an array of
> How about the same with an AVI file?
I think that IDL can only *write* MPEG files: it cannot *read* them.
You might be able to convert an MPEG file to a sequence of images (e.g.
JPEG) using ImageMagick:
I don't think IDL supports AVI files at all.