Not where

I often find myself using WHERE to divide an array into two parts.  I do
one operation on the first part and a different operation on the second
part.

It would be nice to have an auxiliary array containing all the indices
that are *not* returned by WHERE in i.  For example, it would be nice to
do

a = FLTARR(...)
i = WHERE((a...), count, NOT_WHERE = j, NOT_COUNT = not_count)
IF (count     GT 0L) THEN a[i] = ...
IF (not_count GT 0L) THEN a[j] = ...

Lacking the above changes to WHERE, can anyone suggest a fast and easy way
to get j=NOT(i) ?

Thanks, Ken

--
Dr. Kenneth P. Bowman, Professor                409-862-4060
Department of Meteorology                       409-862-4466 fax