Re: Strange behavior on Unix

Here at Penn State we're sticking with IDL 5.2 indefinately because

idlde under 5.3 (in Solaris) cannot deal with .pro files that are longer

than about 1800 lines.  RSI acknowleges the bug, says it's only Solaris

and 5.3, and says they probably won't fix it until 5.4.  It really stinks

to be loyal to an OS (unix) that has so little market leverage.

Regards,

Pat
Patrick S. Broos, Systems Analyst/Programmer    patb@astro.psu.edu

Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics  My office   814-863-5505
Penn State University
525 Davey Lab                             FAX         814-863-8686
University Park, PA  16802-6305
http://www.astro.psu.edu                  Group office    863-9550