Re: vector print bug ?

junkbuster <grabow@darkstar.inka.de> wrote in message
38A89781.50189880@darkstar.inka.de">news:38A89781.50189880@darkstar.inka.de...
> Hello !
>
> In idl 5.3 there is the new IDLgrPrinter class with the Draw method
> for vector plots:
>
>                 Printer = OBJ_NEW ('IDLgrPrinter', vector=1)
>                 Printer -> Draw, Scene
>
> The output is supposed to be an eps file, but we are not able to print
> or view or include this plot (yes, it has a 'showpage' at the end) with
> any tool available to us. We tried several options, but nothing helps.
> Is this a possible bug ? Or belongs it to that class of scrap Windows
> believes to be PostScript (we are using Unix: OSF, Linux, and Solaris,
> of course) ?

Whereas on my machine, if I print (vector or bitmap format) through one of
the built-in Postscript printer drivers and divert the output to a file,
then I get a Postscript file I can view in Ghostscript or send to a PS
printer.

I am using Windows, of course. It looks like you need to upgrade.

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield/
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand