[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: vector print bug ?
- Subject: Re: vector print bug ?
- From: "Mark Hadfield" <m.hadfield(at)niwa.cri.nz>
- Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:16:20 +1300
- Cache-Post-Path: email@example.com
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NIWA
- References: <38A89781.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18417
junkbuster <email@example.com> wrote in message
> Hello !
> In idl 5.3 there is the new IDLgrPrinter class with the Draw method
> for vector plots:
> Printer = OBJ_NEW ('IDLgrPrinter', vector=1)
> Printer -> Draw, Scene
> The output is supposed to be an eps file, but we are not able to print
> or view or include this plot (yes, it has a 'showpage' at the end) with
> any tool available to us. We tried several options, but nothing helps.
> Is this a possible bug ? Or belongs it to that class of scrap Windows
> believes to be PostScript (we are using Unix: OSF, Linux, and Solaris,
> of course) ?
Whereas on my machine, if I print (vector or bitmap format) through one of
the built-in Postscript printer drivers and divert the output to a file,
then I get a Postscript file I can view in Ghostscript or send to a PS
I am using Windows, of course. It looks like you need to upgrade.
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research
PO Box 14-901, Wellington, New Zealand