[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: spawn
- From: marc <m_schellens(at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:36:04 +0900
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Institute of Physical & Chemical Research (RIKEN) Saitama,Japan
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:18439
I want to spawn under UNIX one program many times (multiprocessor
machine). So I could sent it into the background using the UNIT keyword,
but how can I determine when the program finishes?
I run some basic tests and it seems that IDL leaves the unit open.
Is there a way or have I (ab)use the filesystem for this (via