[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Built-in date / time routines
- Subject: Re: Built-in date / time routines
- From: Andy Loughe <loughe(at)fsl.noaa.gov>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:54:05 +0000
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Boulder
- References: <38FC79DC.email@example.com> <956094695.824563@clam-55> <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19356
David Fanning wrote:
> Mark Hadfield (email@example.com) writes:
> > Oh, and complain to RSI!
> Oh, man, talk about adding fuel to the fire...
> It took me about 6 months of constant effort to
> get Andy calmed down from the Contour plot stuff. :-(
> P.S. Let's just say the good folks at RSI are probably
> already familiar with Andy Loughe's name.
My last great bone of contention was the beta-test agreement
that would have caused conflict with my employer. Unfortunately,
the deletion of !map.out came at the same time.
(Lots of good code had to be re-written in those days).
A kind soul at RSI took me out to lunch and helped me see some
of what they are up against. For that kindness, I am grateful.
It doesn't mean I always understand their decisions, but it has made me
more tolerant of actions which affect my effectiveness as a programmer.