Re: Built-in date / time routines

David Fanning wrote:

> Mark Hadfield (m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz) writes:
>
> > Oh, and complain to RSI!
>
> Oh, man, talk about adding fuel to the fire...
>
> It took me about 6 months of constant effort to
> get Andy calmed down from the Contour plot stuff. :-(
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> P.S. Let's just say the good folks at RSI are probably
> already familiar with Andy Loughe's name.

My last great bone of contention was the beta-test agreement
that would have caused conflict with my employer.  Unfortunately,
the deletion of !map.out came at the same time.
(Lots of good code had to be re-written in those days).

A kind soul at RSI took me out to lunch and helped me see some
of what they are up against.  For that kindness, I am grateful.

It doesn't mean I always understand their decisions, but it has made me
more tolerant of actions which affect my effectiveness as a programmer.