[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
data in spherical polar coordinates
- Subject: data in spherical polar coordinates
- From: John Boccio <boccio(at)swarthmore.edu>
- Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 11:06:11 -0400
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- User-Agent: YA-NewsWatcher/5.0.1
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19443
I have a set of data:
potential values in spherical polar (r,theta,phi) coordinates
I would like to plot isosurfaces using this data.
I know how to do this with uniform grid cartesian (x,y,z) data
using shade_volume to generate the verts/polys arrays.
If I convert the spherical-polar data to cartesian data, then I
will not get a uniform grid in cartesian space.
None of the IDL programs seem to work with spherical-polar data
and non-uniform grids of cartesian data.
Any ideas or pointers to other codes appreciated.