[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: idl 5.3, problem with plots and mapping environments
- Subject: Re: idl 5.3, problem with plots and mapping environments
- From: Ronn Kling <ronn(at)rlkling.com>
- Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:05:21 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Deja.com - Before you buy.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19444
I agree with David that this looks like a programming error. Now I am
going to go and check my over the pole cases to see if I get a similiar
>But now I have to find a way to determine that a mapping environemt
> is in place inside the plotter -- and a cursory, but fairly
> thorough examination of the !map environment variable revealed no
> obvious way to make this determination, or send in a keyword telling
> the plotter that it's in a mapping environment and please check
>for boundary cases like plotting over a pole. Which means I have to
> chase through all my code changing the calls.
You can check to see if the mapping environment is current with the
!x.type variable. If !x.type = 3 then map_set has been called.
Ronn Kling Consulting
"Application Development with IDL" programming book updated for IDL5.3!
Shareware and Freeware at: http://www.rlkling.com/
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.