Re: Sharing an info structure

When I do this, I (being lazy) usually make the event handler for the
toolbar to be the same as the main window's event handler. Then, since
the toolbar is usually a dependent base (created with GROUP_LEADER
keyword), the State (or Info) structure is retrieved easily in the event
handler, whether it is in the TLB UVALUE, or, as recommended by many, in
the first child' uvalue of the TLB. One way to easily share the Info
structure with the daugther base is to place a pointer to it in the
UVALs of both top base and daugter base. This way, no matter who updates
Info, next call will have updated results. In fact, for small
applications this is transparent to the point I don't even discern which
base sent the event. For large applications, as David pointed out more
than once, several separate event handlers are advantageous. I admit,
despite the "objectization of widgets" trend that is so popular among
top-end folks here on the group, I still put together well-working
ad-hoc code without widgects. I am not among the top guys :-)
Cheers,
Pavel