[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How to do minor gridlines?
- Subject: Re: How to do minor gridlines?
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 06:54:19 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <391A793A.61892D86@fz-juelich.de>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19549
Frank Holland (email@example.com) writes:
> I'd like to do major AND minor gridlines in a x-y plot. However, setting
> XTICKLEN = 1.0 increases only the length of major tickmarks while the
> minor tickmarks remain unchanged. Strangely enough, setting XTICKLEN to
> a negative number changes the length of both, minor and major tickmarks,
> but of course doesn't produce the grid I want to see.
> Any ideas?
I think you are going to have to finesse this. I'd try
something like this:
data = Findgen(101)
Plot, data, YStyle=4, /NoData, XTickFormat='(A1)', $
XTicklen=1, XTicks=25, XMinor=1, XGridStyle=2
Plot, data, /NoErase, XTicks=5, XMinor=1, XTicklen=1
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155