[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
/MODAL makes widgets disappear
- Subject: /MODAL makes widgets disappear
- From: "D. Mattes" <dmattes(at)u.washington.edu>
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 14:38:33 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Washington
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:19561
IDL gurus! i have a strange one for you, and i hope you can help. i
created a widget that can runs as a modal widget if a group is
specified. this widget has some CW_FIELD widgets contained in it, no big
deal, right? well, i get some strange behaviors...
on WINDOWS platform:
no strange effects, nice.
on UNIX platform:
if the widget is managed in modal mode (by setting the /MODAL keyword for
the top level base), none of the CW_FIELD widgets appear!!! yet, if the
widget is not run as a modal widget, the CW_FIELD widgets *ARE* there!
any insights into this problem? specifically, a way around it would be to
not use the /MODAL keyword for the top level base, but i need the modal
effect. is there another way to achieve this, say with xmanager?
please also reply to: email@example.com
thanks in advance,