Another Oddity (WAS: Filling in the Gaps (contour mapping) )

Simon de Vet wrote:

> Since the data does not connect, I cannot use a filled contour plot,
> which is one of my goals.

This is actually incorrect. When I do a filled plot, not only do the
contours fill correctly (except some holes which are explained by David
Fanning), but if I overlay a normal contour map, the contours DO meet
correctly at the seam.

This seems a little weird. If IDL can connect the gaps when using a filled
contour with a regular contour, why not if only a regular contour is being
used?

Hmmm...

Simon