[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Formatted Reads of Arrays
- Subject: Re: Formatted Reads of Arrays
- From: Pavel Romashkin <promashkin(at)cmdl.noaa.gov>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 11:57:50 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NOAA-CMDL-CIRES
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: promashkin(at)cmdl.noaa.gov
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:20127
I think than the simpliest thing to do is to read into strings and
STRSPLIT, then convert data types. I also had success reading into
structures. This works if the last part of lines is characters. If first
fields of a structure are strings, then automated formatting for READF
in IDL reads the whole line into a string and more sophisticated
formatting was required.
> But the mix of
> characters and integers in this file requires the personal attention.
> Are there any tricks to do this more efficiently or at least drop the
> dummy variables?