Re: Formatted Reads of Arrays

Bill,
I think than the simpliest thing to do is to read into strings and
STRSPLIT, then convert data types. I also had success reading into
structures. This works if the last part of lines is characters. If first
fields of a structure are strings, then automated formatting for READF
in IDL reads the whole line into a string and more sophisticated
formatting was required.
Cheers,
Pavel