Re: Top 10 IDL Requests

>wmc@bas.ac.uk wrote:
>
> If so, could this be extended to allow *any* structures to be put into
> arrays? Is there any particular reason why all array elements have to
> be the same type of structure?

Let's allow putting into the same array the floats, strings and object
references, too. Why not. I bet RSI developers will then certainly have
a fit. So far they used to recommend pointer arrays for such mixtures,
but we can always use another way to write code. All we'd ever need
would be "ANYTYPEARR(x)" and "ANYTYPEINDGEN(x)" ...

> ps - while I'm here - can replicate be made to work on arrays?

It would be somewhat redundant with REBIN, but sure, why not.

Cheers,
Pavel