Anyone Use Objects?, Was: Top 10 IDL Requests

Joseph B. Gurman (gurman@gsfc.nasa.gov) writes:

>     And I'm very serious about the point above. I may be stuck knowing a
> bunch of old farts (not, actually), but maybe one person in twenty here
> actually uses the object capabilities when given a choice.

Oh, I don't doubt your figures at all. I just think it
is a shame, given how easy objects are to use (and I am
*not* talking about object graphics now) and how
significantly they could change the way your write
programs.

But I'm old enough to remember how we had to bring
all you old farts, uh, excuse me, scientific programmers,
along with widgets, too, so I still hold out hope. :-)