Re: Political Action Committee Derailed

David,

go ahead and order another 500 pens for a new campiagn
for the next item on the wish list: "variable number of
argumants"? Virtual threats are more efficient than the
real world execution :-)

Best, Theo

David Fanning wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Uh, oh. Bad news.
>
> I just found out that COMPLEMENT and NCOMPLEMENT keywords
> have already been added to the WHERE function and will be
> in the IDL 5.4 release. :-(
>
> And the worst news is that it was not because of our
> radical letter writing campaign, it was just because
> it seemed like a really good thing to do and there
> had been several "official" requests by users in the
> past.
>
> Bummer. And I just ordered 500 pens from Office Depot.
>
> Guess it just goes to show you RSI really does listen
> to what people are asking for.
>
> In any case, I've got a book to write and other things
> to do. I'm just going to wait until IDL 5.4 shows up
> and see what's there and what isn't. And although it
> goes totally against my grain, maybe I'll just ask
> for new features with a polite letter that begins,
> "Hi, I *love* IDL, but..."
>
> Couldn't hurt. :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> David
>
> --
> David Fanning, Ph.D.
> Fanning Software Consulting
> Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: davidf@dfanning.com
> Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
> Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155

Dr. Theo Brauers
Institut fuer Atmosphaerische Chemie (ICG-3)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
52425 JUELICH, Germany
Tel. +49-2461-61-6646    Fax. +49-2461-61-5346
http://www.kfa-juelich.de/icg/icg3/MITARBEITER/th.brauers.html