Re: Reverse FFT ?

Hi

Oki, if you have the real and imaginary part of the image, just put them in
a 2d complex vector and do a 2D FFT (forward or reverse?) on that vector.
The result is your 2D k-space (maybe you would like to shift the resulting
data so that the lowest "frequency", ie the k-space center, is centered in
the image instead of positioned in the corners). Note that the kspace _is_ a
complex space, so you should not do the FFT on the real and imaginary part
separately, instead you should combine them to a complex vector and then do
the FFT... something like this (assuming that your real and imaginary images
are stored in two 2d vectors called real_part and imag_part):

;combine the real and imaginary part to a complex image
complex_image = complex(real_part, imag_part)

;perform fft
k_space = FFT(complex_image, /inverse)

;shift the image data to get centre of kspace in the centre of the image
;assuming the size of the image is [xsize,ysize]
k_space = SHIFT(k_space, xsize/2, ysize/2)

So, how do you visualise the complex valued kspace in the best way? Well the
most common way to take a look at the k-space is to take a look at the
magnitude of it:

tvscl, abs(k_space)

Since the difference between the highest signal value, ie the center of
kspace, and the surrounding values are so large, maybe you instead would
like to look at the logarithm of the kspace:

tvscl, alog(abs(k_space)

hope this helps a bit....

regards
/Jonas