[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Kodak buys RSI!!
- Subject: Kodak buys RSI!!
- From: "Pete Riley" <uk2(at)linuxfan.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:51:34 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: WebUseNet Corp http://www.usenetserver.com - Home of the fastest NNTP servers on the Net.
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21521
What's the word on the street? This is news to me. A couple of questions:
1. Why does Kodak want RSI?
2. Given the answer to 1., what does this *really* mean for the future of
To speculate wildly, I would guess that Kodak needs a specific aspect of
RSI - perhaps Rivertools or ENVI for some application of field they are
moving into. Whatever it is, it's cheaper for them to buy an established
application and mold it to their needs (and the irony of it if they only
want Spyglass!). Now unless they've suddenly moved into the market of
scientific analysis and visualization, I'd say this is a very bad thing for
most of us.Of course I hope I'm wrong. I wonder whether we can get a refund
on our maintainance contracts?