VIP and ION (was Re: Kodak buys RSI!!)

Re: VIP and ION,
I think they are the best hope for IDL in the future. As one who has
seen the light of Labview programming (which VIP blatantly but poorly
is trying to copy) a graphical programming language is the future.
Labview is awesome, and a lot of fun. (wheeeeeeheeeheee).

Also, doing applications across the web IMHO is absolutely
necessary if RSI-KODAK is going to expand (although it will
have to be integrated with IDL, rather than a different product (ION))

Cheers,
bob stockwell
stockwell(At)co-ra(dot)com

PS I'm assuming that kodak wants to keep IDL. Imagine how
great it would be fo Kodak to invest $$$$$ in IDL to take Matlab's
and Labview's (although a bit different market) business away from them!
I'm looking forward (many years I'm sure) to IGL (Interactive Graphical
Language)
that combines IDL10.0 and VIP6.0.

MPG.1439c39132ed1995989c36@news.frii.com">news:MPG.1439c39132ed1995989c36@news.frii.com...