[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- Subject: IDLWAVE 4.4
- From: Carsten Dominik <dominik(at)astro.uva.nl>
- Date: 04 Oct 2000 13:57:18 +0200
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam
- Sender: dominik(at)antares.astro.uva.nl
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:21621
I have released IDLWAVE version 4.4 For "normal" users the only
important changes are (1) and (2), the rest is for you object
1. Completion supports system variables and system variable tags. Try
for example M-TAB after
2. The IDLWAVE online help system (which must be downloaded and
installed separately) is now hyperlinked extensively.
3. Objects with name "self" in the source code of a method are
automatically assumed to be of the correct class.
4. IDLWAVE understands inheritance in all important contexts. So if
the class of an object is known (like for "self"), completion of
method names lists the native and all inherited methods.
5. Completion of class tags on "self" objects. So M-TAB after
lists all tags of the current class, including inherited tags.
For inheritance to work, IDLWAVE needs to scan the part of the IDL
local library tree which contains the object and method definitions
Again, JD Smith has tested and encouraged much of this development.
If you are using XEmacs, wait one or two days, then the new IDLWAVE
package (1.22 I believe) will be available on the XEmacs site.