Re: Problems with IDL windows under XFree86 v4.0

> x86). I notice, however, that after using IDL to plot something in one
> of its x-windows, if I bring some _other_ window to the front,
> covering IDL's x-window, then remove it, IDL's window doesn't
> refresh.

this is a backing store issue.  by default, idl lets the server use the
backing store.  this doesn't work in xf86 for some reason.  anyone know
why?

anyway, the fix is to force idl to take care of that stuff by issuing
this in an idl startup file:

device, retain = 2

I use XF86-4.0.1 / Mandrake 7.1 and it works fine.

nick