Re: IDL on VMS??

"Harvey Rarback" <rarback@slac.stanford.edu> wrote:
>     Folks,
>
> Is anybody else as upset as I am about Kodak's lack of support for OpenVMS
> after
> version 5.4?  Considering the history of IDL on the platform and the still
> large
> number of scientists using VMS, it seems like a mistake to me.
>
> Any suggestions for getting Kodak to reconsider?

I'm pretty unhappy about it myself.  And I've seen a message or two about
it on comp.os.vms.  As far as suggestions for getting RSI (I suspect
the decision predates the Kodak acquisition) to reconsider, I don't have
any.  Although I can predict with a fair amount of certainty that our
maintenance fees for IDL will drop next year as a result.

Dave
Dave Greenwood                Email: Greenwoodde@ORNL.GOV
Oak Ridge National Lab        %STD-W-DISCLAIMER, I only speak for myself