[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: How to create a Windows IDL app?
- Subject: Re: How to create a Windows IDL app?
- From: Kelly Dean <krdean(at)lamar.colostate.edu>
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:34:27 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- References: <10NOV00.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22151
There is a tips page at CSU with a short description about launching IDL
apps from the Windows Desktop.
File type association is important with some methods, but CSU's method is
to create a MS-DOS batch (*.bat) file and used this file to launch IDL with
the desired IDL porgram.
Also, I notice the tips page needs to be updated, as RSI moved the
idlde.exe into another directory with IDL 5.3.
Dave Greenwood wrote:
> I'm trying to create a Windows NT IDL application so that I double-
> click an icon and fire up the application. I've been following
> David Fanning's tips at http://www.dfanning.com/tips/idl_icon.html
> but I'm obviously doing something wrong. I strongly suspect it's
> because I haven't set up the appropriate file type association in
> the Registry.
> What "action" should I use?
> And what "application"?
> This is IDL 5.3.1.
> Dave Greenwood Email: Greenwoodde@ORNL.GOV
> Oak Ridge National Lab %STD-W-DISCLAIMER, I only speak for myself