Re: How to create a Windows IDL app?

 There is a tips page at CSU with a short description about launching IDL
apps from the Windows Desktop.

  http://www.cira.colostate.edu/special/csuidl/IDLLaunch.htm

 File type association is important with some methods, but CSU's method is
to create a MS-DOS batch (*.bat) file and used this file to launch IDL with
the desired IDL porgram.

 Also, I notice the tips page needs to be updated, as RSI moved the
idlde.exe into another directory with IDL 5.3.

Kelly Dean
CSU/CIRA