[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How to display image on X root window?
- Subject: How to display image on X root window?
- From: "David G. Grier" <grier(at)fafnir.uchicago.edu>
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:01:12 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Chicago
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22258
Is there a straightfoward way to get IDL to display an image on the
root window of an X display?
I have something in mind along the lines of xloadimage -onroot
Alternatively, is there a way to open an IDL window with no borders
or title bar?
Finally, is there a way to open an IDL window on an alternate
display? Again, I have something
in mind along the lines of xloadimage -onroot -display :0.1 .
Thanks in advance,
P.S. My problem getting IDL 5.3/5.4 to work under Mandrake Linux 7.2
isn't solved yet.
RSI suggested switching to RedHat 7.0, but I'm looking for a better
David G. Grier Dept of Physics, James Franck Institute, and
(773) 702-9176 (voice) Institute for Biophysical Dynamics
(773) 702-5863 (FAX) The University of Chicago
firstname.lastname@example.org 5640 S. Ellis Ave
http://griergroup.uchicago.edu/~grier/ Chicago, IL 60637