Re: Generating color postscript in IDL

Randall Skelton (rhskelto@atm.ox.ac.uk) writes:

> I am looking to generate 24 bit color postscript from IDL 5.3.  Does
> anyone know if there is a way to do this?  Perhaps I am being overly
> ambitious with asking for 24 bit... however, I have written all of my
> color plotting using 24 bit addresses for colors so if I cannot plot
> directly in 24 bit postscript, how do I go about converting my plots
> (which look very nice on my display) into a color postscript file.

Oh, oh. Should have used some of those ideas and programs
in that new book by ol' whatisname. PostScript doesn't do
24-bit color. :-(

That sample chapter he offers for free might help:

   http://www.dfanning.com/documents/chapter9_2nd.pdf

P.S. Let's just say that one of *my* big things
is writing device-independent and color-depth
independent code. But, I have to admit, there
are days, nay weeks, when I think I'm the only
one who cares about it. :-(