[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Square Brackets vs. Parentheses
- Subject: Re: Square Brackets vs. Parentheses
- From: landsman(at)stars.gsfc.nasa.gov (Wayne Landsman)
- Date: 24 Nov 2000 15:35 EST
- Distribution: world
- News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.50AXP
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (skates.gsfc.nasa.gov)
- References: <3A1EA3B6.A337AB1E@higp.hawaii.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22333
In article <3A1EA3B6.A337AB1E@higp.hawaii.edu>, Eric Pilger <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes...
>Needless to say, I have a user who has been playing loose with this
>stuff for years. He now has hundreds of routines that use parentheses
>for arrays AND functions, and are therefore broken under IDL 5.4. Does
>anybody out there have a fix for this problem? Possibly a nice little
>parser/translator that can figure out what's meant and stick in the
>appropriate symbol :-) After all, IDL was doing it for years.
The procedure idlv4_to_v5.pro in
(and supporting procedures (FDECOMP, MATCH, REMOVE, ISFUNCTION() )
is about 98% efficient in converting all indexing parentheses into
square brackets. It has occasional problems with continuation lines, and
indicies within strings (e.g. for an EXECUTE() statement).
--Wayne Landsman email@example.com