[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: underscore bug?
- Subject: Re: underscore bug?
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 07:27:35 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <email@example.com>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22394
Andrew (firstname.lastname@example.org) writes:
> I know this sounds weird, but I am wondering is there
> a known bug---or feature---regarding the underscore
> character (_) in IDL 5.3 (linux)?
> I was making some SURFACES and all of a sudden the fonts
> were all $%^&ed up and I could not fix it for about an hour
> of messing around. I backtracked to an old version that
> worked and found that it lacked the underscore character in
> things like dataset and output filenames. I was desperate, so
> I tried renaming all the things I had with the underscore
> and the problem went away.
> It was such a time sink, I don't even feel like pinpointing it.
> BUT... is this a known "issue"?
Andrew, what have you been smoking lately!? :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: email@example.com
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155