How to get page size for PRINTER device?

According to the IDL 5.4 documentation:

"The DIALOG_PRINTERSETUP function opens a native dialog for setting the
applicable properties for a particular printer."

Let's say I've selected the PRINTER graphics device, and I've called
DIALOG_PRINTERSETUP to change the paper size from Letter to A4, e.g.

IDL> set_plot, 'PRINTER'
IDL> result = dialog_printersetup()

Is there any way to return the new page size to an IDL application? I'm
talking about the actual width and height of the paper (i.e. 21.0 x 29.7 cm
for A4), not the dimensions of the drawable area on the page (17.78 x 12.7
cm by default).
Even if one uses a printer object, I don't see how the paper size can be
obtained.

Cheers,
Liam.
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/~gumley