[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How to get page size for PRINTER device?
- Subject: How to get page size for PRINTER device?
- From: "Liam Gumley" <Liam.Gumley(at)ssec.wisc.edu>
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:25:54 -0600
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22425
According to the IDL 5.4 documentation:
"The DIALOG_PRINTERSETUP function opens a native dialog for setting the
applicable properties for a particular printer."
Let's say I've selected the PRINTER graphics device, and I've called
DIALOG_PRINTERSETUP to change the paper size from Letter to A4, e.g.
IDL> set_plot, 'PRINTER'
IDL> result = dialog_printersetup()
Is there any way to return the new page size to an IDL application? I'm
talking about the actual width and height of the paper (i.e. 21.0 x 29.7 cm
for A4), not the dimensions of the drawable area on the page (17.78 x 12.7
cm by default).
Even if one uses a printer object, I don't see how the paper size can be