[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Which like command for IDL?
- Subject: Re: Which like command for IDL?
- From: davidf(at)dfanning.com (David Fanning)
- Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:33:54 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Fanning Software Consulting
- References: <3A550FCB.42ABD3F8@cis.rit.edu>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22814
Jason P. Meyers (email@example.com) writes:
> I was recently working with some examples from Dave Fanning's book
> (nice book Dave) when I realized it would be nice to have an IDL program
> that works like the unix "which" command. I had typed in the
> Display.pro program on page 66 only to find out that there is some other
> program (I suspect an RSI demo) also called Display.pro elsewhere on my
> IDL path. It would sure be nice to be able to quickly identify which
> program IDL is using from the path.
> Does anyone out there know of such a beast for IDL?
IDL> Help, /Source
That should do it. :-)
David Fanning, Ph.D.
Fanning Software Consulting
Phone: 970-221-0438 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming: http://www.dfanning.com/
Toll-Free IDL Book Orders: 1-888-461-0155