[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
7.5 min DEM procedure?
- Subject: 7.5 min DEM procedure?
- From: Med Bennett <mbennett(at)indra.com>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 09:08:09 -0700
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
- Reply-To: mbennett(at)indra.com
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:22881
Has anyone managed to write a routine to read in the USGS' 7.5 minute
DEM files (description at
http://edc.usgs.gov/glis/hyper/guide/usgs_dem)? I have done so for the
NMA 3 arc-second DEM's, but the 7.5 minute series are more complicated
due to the fact that they are defined on UTM rather than lat/long
coordinates, and thus have a variable number of profiles per file and
points per profile. Any pointers greatly appreciated -