Printf and line breaks

Sorry to bother everyone with another question.  But, I am just at the
beginning of the enduring process of learning IDL.

My current problem is with printf.  I am trying to create a text output
file that can be easily imported into a spreadsheet.  From what I can
tell, printf automatically line wraps after 80 or so characters.  For my
output, I want printf to print everything on the same line.  I am
wondering if anyone knows how to do this or if this is even possible?

Thanks,

Alan