Re: Object rendering with dynamic views

Hi Pavel,

I agree that this might be best handled with direct graphics.  The trouble
I have bumped into is that when I move the cursor over a data point within
the scatter plot, something else will occur in a secondary (and separate)
separate draw widget that already contains object graphics.  I can't be
sure that the display system will always be at least 24 bit (mixing object
graphic widgets and direct graphic widgets on an 8bit monitor in the same
session produces a mess.)   Geez, if I could be sure that the routine would
never be used on an 8 bit display, then I would definitely switch to a mix
of graphics types (each in its own draw widget.)

Although I'd like to take Mark's challenge to test out the two OOG systems,
I think that I must retreat a bit and modify my secondary widget display:
it will be able to do either DG or OOG depending upon the situation.  Then
I will use direct graphics for the primary display/interaction.   It's the
path of least resistance for now... and the deadline is, well, let us see
what time it is...

Thanks,

Ben

--