Re: IDL 5.4 and gifs

Here is the authoritative answer from the IDL Product Manager at RSINC.
(It appears to me that the best short-term solution is for some clever
soul with time on their hands to come up with an interface to the
library of GIF routines in   http://www.imagemagick.org/
but that is more than I can tackle at the moment.) - Dick