Demo of Shadows

> David Fanning wrote:
> >
> > Jason P. Meyers (jpm7934@cis.rit.edu) writes:
> >
> > > Wow!  This works great!  I had already suspected the Z-buffer fight
> > > problem and had pre-positioned the ground plane so it wouldn't be an
> > > issue.  It does help that I have a simple geometry case.
> >
> > Oh, yeah!? You wouldn't want to post a little code,
> > would you, so the rest of us could have a look-see. :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > David

I must warn everyone that this is a very simple example but it does what
I want/need it to do.

My little demo program can be downloaded from my web page:

Here is the directory containing the file
http://www.cis.rit.edu/~jpm7934/IDL/

If anyone knows what file I need to create in order for the Apache
server to list a file description, please let me know and I'll add a
description to this web page.

Here is a direct link to the file:
http://www.cis.rit.edu/~jpm7934/IDL/JPM_Sun_Sensor_Geometry_Tool.pro

Finally, I was not able to create a work around for the little problem I
discovered with the resize not working on sun IDL version 5.3.  However,
I did manage to track down the root of the problem.  I discovered that
the SetProperty method for IDLgrWindow does not set the dimensions
property when called.  (i.e. myWindow->SetProperty, Dimensions=[newX,
newY] does nothing!)  I would report this behavior to RSI; however, the
type of student license I have requires that submit bugs/tech support
questions through my school's computer admin folks.  The folks at my
school have stated that they do not support IDL 5.3 (only 5.2 and 5.4
when the get around to installing 5.4).  Ok, enough whining for now!

Enjoy
--
Jason Meyers
Ph.D. Student, Center for Imaging Science