[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- Subject: Re: Hi, My Name is David. And I'm a Lurker
- From: hcp(at)newsread.ed.ac.uk (H C Pumphrey)
- Date: 6 Feb 2001 17:14:50 GMT
- Distribution: world
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.idl-pvwave
- Organization: The University of Edinburgh
- References: <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org> <VyT+cTAUiBg6sAhv@sghphy.demon.co.uk>
- Xref: news.doit.wisc.edu comp.lang.idl-pvwave:23392
In article <VyT+cTAUiBg6sAhv@sghphy.demon.co.uk>, Nicholas Keat <email@example.com> writes:
|> In article <MPG.firstname.lastname@example.org>, David Fanning
|> <email@example.com> writes
|> >So I propose a new thread for lurkers only.
|> [snip] It's nice to know that there's at
|> least one small corner of usenet free from flames, trolls and otherwise
|> objectionable people.
Hi, My name is Hugh, and I am a troll. I lurk under this bridge
frequently. Please feed me.
I use IDL as most of the people I collaborate with use it too.
I also tinker with the free software alternatives such as
<troll_mode> R, Octave and Yorick </troll_mode>.
I like almost everything about IDL apart from the price and the lack of HDF5
Must go, there is someone trip-trapping over my bridge.
Hugh C. Pumphrey | Telephone 0131-650-6026
Department of Meteorology | FAX 0131-650-5780
The University of Edinburgh | Replace 0131 with +44-131 if outside U.K.
EDINBURGH EH9 3JZ, Scotland | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
OBDisclaimer: The views expressed herein are mine, not those of UofE.